Below are some of the things I can take care of for you when you retain my services as your Tech Partner
Some of the systems I work with
Below are some systems I particularly recommend and which I work with a lot. This is not an exhaustive list and I would be happy to work with whatever system you choose.
If you are not sure what system(s) you need and don’t want to be overwhelmed with options, these are good places to start.
(N.B. For full disclosure, some of the links below are affiliate links and these are indicated by ^ after the link)
Unless you are using a system like Kartra with an integrated email system, you will need an Email Marketing system – also known as an Auto-responder. There are loads out there but these are the two I would recommend:
- Active Campaign^ has an affordable starting package and is a very popular system which integrates well with lots of other systems.
- MailerLite^ is a great way to get started for free and you only start to pay as your subscriber numbers/numbers of emails sent increases. Again, MailerLite integrates well with other systems.
There are a number of different options out there to host your course, ranging from free to paid.
- MemberVault^ is a great platform to get you started. You get access to all the core paid features on the Free forever plan. Limitations are the number of paid products you can set up (3) and the limit to members enrolled (capped at 100).
MemberVault works well using the Stripe integration to take payment and MailerLite as the email system.
~ MemberVault plans will be changing from 1 April 2022, so it will no longer be free, but anyone on (or signing up to) the free plan who upgrades before 1 April 2022 will be able to lock in a heavily discounted monthly fee for the duration of their subscription (see more).
- If you are in a position to subscribe to a paid system, there are lots of options including Podia, Thinkific, Teachable and Kajabi. My preferred systems are Kartra (see all-in-one systems for more info) or the up and coming New Zenler.
- On 6 October 2021, ThriveCart^ released their new Learn platform which is a bit of a game-changer – you can create sales pages and a cart AND your host your course all in one place!
The best thing is they have made the Learn platform available free to anyone with a ThriveCart account – so now is an incredible time to sign-up as there is also a special offer price for a lifetime license!
Many systems will enable you to take payment using a Stripe or PayPal integration – however if you want to offer more complex payment options, I would recommend a system with an integrated cart like Kartra, or use a stand alone cart system such as ThriveCart^. I really rate this system – it is easy to use and it is more than just a checkout – you can build your whole sales page in ThriveCart, there are lots of different options (such as setting up discount coupons) and you can easily set up Affiliates for your products.
My preferred all-in-one system is Kartra. It is a very powerful system and if you would like everything in one place, then I cannot recommend it highly enough – as it does everything!
- Landing pages
- Forms – create opt-in forms to capture leads
- Powerful automations and tagging
- Funnels and campaigns
- Email marketing campaigns
- Courses/Memberships portal
- Surveys and quizzes
- Host videos
- Calendar bookings
All of these features seamlessly “talk to each other”. However, while it is a fantastic system, I do recognise that it may be well out of budget for some people and it is my job to give you alternatives within your budget – or at little or no cost.
Another system I use is New Zenler^. It is currently in BETA so not as well established as Kartra but it has a lot of potential as the system develops. You can set up marketing funnels, courses, bundles and it has an integrated email system (or you can link to your own system outside of NZ), you can take payment using the Stripe integration and host your courses there. Some features are not available on the free plan (e.g. transactions are not free unless you upgrade) but there is a lot you can do with the free plan.
I use Canva Pro^ to create graphics for social media and websites, and to create professional branded documents, for example a “freebie” or an e-book. You don’t need the Pro version as there is a lot you can do on the free version – however upgrading to the Pro version has definitely been one of my best investments.
Quiz funnels and quizzes as a lead magnet are can be incredibly powerful. There are lots of systems out there, and after doing some research on it, the one I settled on is Involve.me^.
It has a free option (although – heads up, there are some features you can’t use on the free version, including integrations which means you can’t get your data out of the system and link it to your email system for example to capture your leads without upgrading). Still, it is a very affordable monthly subscription and I think it is a really good and easy to use system.
If you’re not sure you want to invest in a subscription, get in touch as I may be able to set up a survey for you using my licence.