Below are some of the things I can take care of for you when you retain my services as your Tech Partner
Some of the systems I work with
Below are some systems I particularly recommend and which I work with a lot. This is not an exhaustive list and I would be happy to work with whatever system you choose.
If you are not sure what system(s) you need and don’t want to be overwhelmed with options, these are good places to start.
(N.B. For full disclosure, some of the links below are affiliate links and these are indicated by ^ after the link)
Unless you are using a system like Kartra with an integrated email system, you will need an Email Marketing system – also known as an Auto-responder. There are loads out there but these are the two I would recommend:
- Active Campaign^ has an affordable starting package and is a very popular system which integrates well with lots of other systems.
- MailerLite^ is a great way to get started for free and you only start to pay as your subscriber numbers/numbers of emails sent increases. Again, MailerLite integrates well with other systems.
There are a number of different options out there to host your course:
- There are lots of options including Podia (which you can get started on for free), MemberVault, Thinkific, Teachable and Kajabi.
- My preferred systems are Kartra (see all-in-one systems for more info) or the up and coming New Zenler which has a FREE plan.
- On 6 October 2021, ThriveCart^ released their new Learn platform which is a bit of a game-changer – you can create sales pages and a cart AND your host your course all in one place! The best thing is they have made the Learn platform available free to anyone with a ThriveCart account – so now is an incredible time to sign-up as there is also a special offer price for a lifetime license.
- If you use WordPress for your website, you can use paid plugins to build your course platform -two popular and well known ones are: LearnDash or MemberPress.
Many systems will enable you to take payment using a Stripe or PayPal integration – however if you want to offer more complex payment options, I would recommend a system with an integrated cart like Kartra, or use a stand alone cart system such as ThriveCart^. I really rate this system – it is easy to use and it is more than just a checkout – you can build your whole sales page in ThriveCart, there are lots of different options (such as setting up discount coupons) and you can easily set up Affiliates for your products.
I primarily work in WordPress and host my sites on SiteGround^ but am also happy to use popular website builders, such as Wix or Squarespace if you need me to update your existing website.
Quiz funnels and quizzes as a lead magnet are can be incredibly powerful. There are lots of systems out there, and after doing some research on it, the one I settled on is Involve.me^.
It has a free option (although – heads up, there are some features you can’t use on the free version, including integrations which means you can’t get your data out of the system and link it to your email system for example to capture your leads without upgrading). Still, it is a very affordable monthly subscription and I think it is a really good and easy to use system.
(for Funnels, emails, course hosting)
Easy Peasy Funnels
New into my list of top recommendations is Easy Peasy Funnels^ – it is a fantastic option for those who want everything in one place! It can replace all of the following:
- Websites: WordPress, Kajabi, Wix, Kartra, Squarespace
- Email Marketing Platforms: Mailerlite, Mailchimp, Active Campaign, Convertkit
- Sales Funnel Platforms: Click Funnels, LeadPages, Kartra, Kajabi
- Social Media Scheduler: Planoly, Later
- Calendar: Calendly, Acuity
- CRM: Hubspot, Kap, Salesforce, Zoho
- Course/Membership Platforms: Teachable, Thinkific, Memberpress
For me, the thing that marks Easy Peasy Funnels out as unique and a really special system is the fact that as well as being able to do all the things a system such as Kartra can do, it has a CRM function and a Social Media scheduler – game changing! If you want to find out more, you can register for this behind the scenes tour^ with the creator Danny. EPF is still in BETA which means new features are being added all the time and it is an exciting time to sign-up!
If you want a more established tried and tested system, I have a lot of experience of using Kartra. It is a very powerful system and if you would like everything in one place, it is a good option. It does all of the following:
- Cart system
- Landing pages, sales pages, websites, opt-in forms to capture leads
- Powerful automations and tagging
- Funnels, Email marketing, Courses/Memberships portal
- Surveys and quizzes
- Host videos
- Calendar bookings
All of these features seamlessly “talk to each other”. However, while it is a great system, I do recognise that it may be well out of budget if you are just getting started and it is my job to give you alternatives within your budget – or at little or no cost.
Another system I use is New Zenler^. It is has been around for a while now, but it is still in BETA so you can go Pro at a reasonable price.
You can set up marketing funnels, courses, bundles and it has an integrated email system (or you can link to your own system outside of NZ), you can take payment using the Stripe integration and host your courses there. Some features are not available on the free plan (e.g. transactions are not free unless you upgrade) but there is a lot you can do with the free plan. I have one client who uses MailerLite for emails, ThriveCart for ther Cart and hosts the course in NewZenler – this sort of solution is really easy to set up.
I use Canva Pro^ to create graphics for social media and websites, and to create professional branded documents, for example a “freebie” or an e-book. You don’t need the Pro version as there is a lot you can do on the free version – however upgrading to the Pro version has definitely been one of my best investments.
If you need to record a video presentation, some good options to consider are Zoom and Canva. On Zoom you can screenshare and deliver a session live to real life people and record the session, or just deliver the session with no participants and record. Canva^ is a great way to create a presentation – and then you can also Present and Record from inside Canva to create a video.